The ACM FAT* Conference 2018 is a two-day event that brings together researchers and practitioners interested in fairness, accountability, and transparency in socio-technical systems. This inaugural conference builds on success of prior workshops like FAT/ML, FAT/Rec, DAT, Ethics in NLP, and others.
The inaugural 2018 ACM FAT* Conference will be held February 23 and 24th, 2018 at New York University, NYC.
- March 8, 2018 Recordings of the 2018 conference are available on YouTube.
- February 20, 2018 ACM FAT* 2018 begins in just a few days! For those interested in attending virtually, livestreams of the event are available here!
- January 30, 2018 Our official press release is now available!
- January 30, 2018 The proceedings are now online!
- January 4, 2018 Students can now apply for registration fee waivers and a limited number of scholarships to help cover travel and lodging costs!
- January 1, 2018 The program for the 2018 conference has been announced! Congratulations to all the authors of accepted papers! Also, we are thrilled to announce that Latanya Sweeney and Deborah Hellman will be keynoting at ACM FAT* 2018!
- December 6, 2017 The camera ready instructions for accepted papers have been released. Camera ready versions are due December 17th.
- November 14, 2017 The call for tutorials for ACM FAT* 2018 has been released. If you are interested in presenting software tools or bridging topics across disciplines, consider sending a proposal. 1-2 page proposals are due December 11.
- October 4, 2017 Accepted papers at ACM FAT* 2018 will appear in the Proceedings of Machine Learning Research. Details for camera ready manuscripts will be announced at a later date.
- September 22, 2017 The paper submission site for ACM FAT* 2018 is now available.
- August 31, 2017 The CFP for the 2018 conference is available! Submissions are due October 6, 2017.
- August 5, 2017 The 2018 conference webpage is live. The CFP, program committee, and details for attending will be announced soon.
ACM FAT* 2018 was made possible by grants and unrestricted gifts from the following organizations.